Due to financial problems, I'm forced to sell a lot of the items I've collected over my lifetime. This page will serve as the hub of the items I've put up for sale, as well as to present all of the terms & conditions of sale (scroll down, it's on the second half of this page), so buyers will know what I expect of them, and what they can expect from me. This will ensure that all sales go as smoothly as possible. I'm selling everything on an "as is, no refunds or exchanges" basis, as I would if I were having a yard sale. That said, I try to write descriptions that encompass all of the details, so that you won't be disappointed. If you have any questions, use the contact link below.
The PayPal shopping cart system is not ideal, and doesn't allow me to set up this store in the manner that would work best. After Spook Central is fully upgraded, I hope to be able to implement this store to provide a better experience for you. Everything is set up for shipping within the United States. PayPal should add an extra $20 to the total for International shipping, but if something is screwed up, please let me know. I have no problem giving you a refund for any excess you may be charged, or to work something out with you via e-mail.
I want to personally thank you in advance for making a purchase from me. I am barely making ends meet due to the pandemic, so every little purchase someone makes from me, even the lower cost items for which I usually only get $5 after fees are paid, helps me out a lot. I can not thank you enough and I hope you will be pleased with your purchase. If you've purchased from me before, thank you for your continued support.
MY TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
By purchasing an item from me, you hereby agree to the Terms and Conditions of Sale stated below. These have been written up based on my experience selling items online for OVER 20 YEARS (way before I was selling on eBay), and ensure that we have a positive transaction and know what is expected of each other beforehand.
- My Feedback Ratings At Online Marketplaces: eBay.
- Contact Me: If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to e-mail me.
- Customer Requirements: You must be 18 years of age or older and currently residing in the United States in order to make a purchase from me.
- Item Environment: All items come from a smoke-free home.
- Payment Methods: I only accept payment via PayPal (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, eCheck, PayPal funds). I do NOT accept checks, but you can pay with your checking account through PayPal (that's what an eCheck is). If you don't have a PayPal account, you can still pay with a credit/debit card (one of the previous ones mentioned).
- Prices: The prices are not negotiable. They are as low as I can afford for them to be since the price includes all processing costs. Please do not e-mail me asking if I will go down in price. Price listed has already been reduced, and is the lowest I'm willing to accept. If it's too high from you, feel free to buy the item from another seller. My prices have been reduced many times, and the price listed is what I'm currently accepting for the item.
- Shipping Price: The shipping price listed is for shipping & processing, and is based on item price, not weight or service. The shipping table is listed below (heavier items may have higher shipping prices).
- "Free" Shipping Info: A few words about items marked as "Free Shipping" - A non-refundable shipping and processing fee is included as part of the item price. This is usually about 20%, though the shipping table below kinda gives an indication of the fee is. This is because there really is no such thing as "free shipping" as long as the U.S. Postal Service charges for their shipping service. I took the separate shipping and processing fee and added it to the item price, so you'll know instantly what the total price will be. I just want to be clear about that.
- Lost Mail: Please check your mailing address before you give it to me (I will ship the package to the mailing address you have registered with PayPal). I'm not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. If your package is returned to me by the post office, I can reship it if you give me the correct mailing address and pay for the additional shipping charges. If your package is NOT returned to me, and you didn't pay for insurance, there's nothing I can do.
- Buyer Responsibility: All buyers are responsible for their own actions. Read the listing and ask questions *BEFORE* you bid/buy. Once you click Place Bid/Buy It Now, you're committed to the purchase, as per eBay policy, and I am not obligated to cancel it. eBay specifically states that "a bid or commitment to buy on eBay is considered a contract and you're obligated to purchase the item." I do not cancel orders unless there is a fault on my end, and I *definitely* do not cancel orders for buyer remorse or accidental purchase. You are responsible for your actions, not me.
- Return Policy: As with a yard sale, all sales are final, everything is sold AS IS (with no implied or expressed guarantees), and there are no returns, refunds, or exchanges.
- The U.S. Shipping & Processing Rates (per item)
If the total you are charged for shipping & processing is excessively more than the actual shipping & processing cost for your order, I will refund you the excess when I manually process your order.
|| Shipping & Processing Fee
- Feedback: Since it is not mandatory, I never leave feedback for buyers or sellers due to eBay banning me as retaliation because seller "us.go-fastrust" did not like the negative feedback I left exposing his dubious selling practices. When I see that feedback is used as yet another way for eBay to punish me, I stop leaving feedback. Plain and simple. If you don't like it, voice your displeasure to eBay and seller "us.go-fastrust". Besides, feedback from a seller to a buyer is pointless; not only because a seller can only leave positive feedback for a buyer, and some buyers do not deserve positive feedback, but also because a seller can't look up a buyer's feedback before that buyer has made a purchase from them. What's the point of buyer feedback when a seller can't use it to determine whether they want to accept an order from a buyer or not? The order's already been accepted as soon as the buyer initiates the purchase. Finally, when I was leaving feedback, I would never leave it for anyone that asked. That's an automatic way for someone to never receive feedback from me.
Honestly, eBay should do away with the feedback system. A much better way of determining if a seller is trustworthy is if eBay presented some statistics about the seller. How many sales has the seller made in the past six to twelve months? How many of those sales were successful? How many had problems? On average, how long does it takes for buyers to receive their items from the seller? What shipping methods does the seller commonly use (First Class, Media Mail, etc.)? Providing all of these statistics to potential buyers is MUCH better way than a subjective and optional feedback system.
- Condition & Quality: Also, items listed as "Brand New" or "New" are still factory-sealed, items listed as "Like New" look like they just came out of the plastic wrap. Almost all of the DVDs I sell are Like New, and either never played or played just once. The condition of plastic cases for DVDs/CDs/Video Games varies - I generally don't consider the condition of easily-replaceable plastic cases when rating these items - but I'll try to make sure your item ships in a good case. If an item has a special case that I know is broken, which can't be easily replaced, I'll make note of it.